Friday 31 May 2013

The Unraveling

Dear Christine,

Tom went to the library the other day and saw a book he thought I'd enjoy so he brought it home. Tunisian Crochet by Dora Ohrenstein is full of Tunisian crochet for all skill levels, an excellent book. I found it intriguing and started working a swatch of the simplest stitch.

Presently, I ventured upstairs for another cup of coffee. Then...OOPS! I found yarn wrapped around the buckle on my sandal. UH OH! Across the kitchen, through the doorway, down 12 steps, and through another doorway, to the knitting chair, I followed the string of yarn to discover that I had unraveled my 8 inch long swatch to a mere couple of inches. Argh!

What is the moral of the story? Don't wear sandals while doing fiber arts? Avoid the second cup of coffee? Who knows? Anyway, it looked like this before I unceremoniously ripped it out and scattered yarn on two floors of my home while my cat watched in disdain.


Do you know anything about Tunisian Crochet?  So far, I thinkit's easy and fun and I like the stitch I made.

Stay warm in wintery Christchurch, New Zealand.

Hugs, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?