Saturday 22 June 2013

I [heart] the Coffee House Hat


Hi Lynn!
How are things in your neck of the woods? It must be nice and warm in Colorado now that summer is in full swing.

I finished making your awesome new knitting design, the Coffee House hat. It is awesome! I really had fun working the diagonal garter stitch rows and this pattern definitely kept things interesting, even though the pattern is essentially pretty simple.

I used a color-changing yarn similar to Noro Kureyon. It's called 'Boku' from Plymouth Yarns, 95% wool, 5% silk. I just LOVE the blues, aquas and greens in this colorway and it is such a pleasure watching the colors change as I knit along. I used a color of Cascade 220 for the crocheted trim. I found a couple of groovy brown buttons in my stash with a little wave in them as the finishing touch.

I lined this hat, using a pretty coordinating fleece fabric...
...and sewed it in using the same method that is on our website, Lining a Hat. It sure makes wearing a hat comfortable and cozy. Now that we are in the thick of winter here in New Zealand, this hat will be warm and stylish addition to my wardrobe.

We should definitely make this hat into a pattern available on our website and Etsy store for everyone to download. I'll start working on it!

What have you been up to?
Love, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?