Wednesday 24 July 2013

Socks and Spinning Wool

Dear Christine,

How did your film opening turn out?  Hopefully, you are not feeling any earthquakes in Auckland, NZ to mess with your film festival.



I forgot to tell you: I am taking spinning classes!  I met an incredibly talented woman at our local fiber arts guild and she is letting me rent one of her spinning wheels. She knits beautiful lace shawls and scarves with her own hand spun yarn. I have been practicing. The first attempt was not great (gray wool) but my second attempt (blue wool) is better. My next class, the 2nd of 4 instruction classes, is on Friday. I can't wait to get better at this. I see why people love spinning wool into yarn. It's amazing once you get the hang of it.
I'm also getting ready to close the second sock. Since these socks are for me, I decided to test the heels I like the most. As you can see, I've got two different heels on these socks. I will see which one is more comfortable. As you know, there are several ways to turn a heel (and close a toe for that matter) and I've always wanted to test how they feel but hardly ever make socks for myself. This is my chance.  Here goes... 

Hugs, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?